I waited patiently Tuesday with no reply from Dr Oliveros regarding the result of the MDT in London. That was a first for me! By Wednesday I was getting a little worried but for once didn’t feel the need to hound the department.
My patience paid off as I got the call I was waiting for. Dr Oliveros said that Dr Plummer at St Bart’s had agreed to give me the gamma knife treatment under the NHS! Result!
She said that my notes were being sent over to him and I should hear from him within two weeks… Two weeks? Ok not to panic. I kinda thought I would be hearing sooner than that. She said if I hadn’t heard by then to contact her and she will chase up.
We discussed the steroids I am taking and she said I could reduce right down after five days.. Good. I feel very bizarre on them. Or maybe it’s the concoction of codeine, paracetemol and steroids. The cough is my main annoyance at the moment.
She asked how my appointment went with Prof Harris and she could see that I had consented to chemo.
She seems like a really nice doctor.
What she doesn’t know is that in the meantime another canSer friend has emailed me and told me about nano knife. A private treatment available here in the UK. My friend had given me the contact details and I didn’t hesitate to call. The secretary adviced me to get a copy of my report and send to Professor Leen at the Princess Grace hospital so she could show him before he goes on holiday.
Last night I had a Skype chat with some friends from New Zealand who now live in Frankfurt. They gave me invaluable advice on treatments such as TACE as well as advising me on IPT with a Dr Seibenhuner. It seems quite intense but if I can coordinate everything it could be a really great way to ‘go hard’ combining all treatments including DC therapy with Dr Nesselhut. I feel very lucky but now have to try to coordinate as much as possible in the diary.They advised me that combining such things as radiation with other treatments releases antigens and can work synergistically.
Dr Nesselhut mentioned having PDT- photodynamic therapy and mentioned contacting Julian Kenyon here in the UK. I have done that today. It’s all worth investigating.
So now it’s back to waiting but also deciding our next step. I won’t rule out chemo as I am better off having something that I know could mop up the cells. I just want to consider the side effects such as numbness in my hands.
So so that the update for now….