The weekend is looking exciting with German Christmas markets to enjoy. The only issue is a storm heading in to cologne.. Boo…
I have received confimration from St Barts that my tumour sample does not express the protein for pdl1, however they are still interested in me going to see them next Thursday as I may be able to get on the trial anyway.
I can’t decide if I feel sad or happy? I looked at the info online and it isn’t necessary a bad thing that I may not express the protein. It’s so complicated it makes my brain burst but all I know is that it is still potentially a really good option. What bothers me a bit though is that if I get all the way to St Barts next week to be told no. I don’t relish in the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn, fighting for a seat on the commuter train, if it arrives on time, waiting for ages to be seen at the hospital to then be told no. They may not find quite such a happy go lucky girl if that doesn’t happen. But I guess if I do make the effort I can plead with them and try to change their mind.
They have asked for copies of my scans and reports which the Churchill have done for them.
I hope they don’t just read the summary of the reports which never really summarises what the prof tells me.
Who knows? This one is on the lap of the gods… What will be will be and then I will make my plan based on the outcome.
For now I know I have a few days of intense treatment and hope that my scan after this will be even better than last weeks.
Let’s hope if they are down by 50% then we can be down by another 25% or more. The largest tumour in my lung is now less than 3cm and the lymph nodes are less than a 1cm as are the ones in my brain. Tiny…. Tiny, tiny,tiny.
Today we hope to dodge a storm that is descending on Germany and make our way to Cologne.
We have also been sent some really interesting information from our friend in Australia regarding timings of treatments and immunotherapy. He has suggested I have a certain blood test three times per week prior to the trial drug being administered. I will have to speak to all the doctors regarding this but mostly the ones at St Barts as this could really assist their studies.
I am intrigued to know if success is due not to just the treatment but when a person responds to it.. It could solve the questions as to why a year ago I was practically clear of canSer but despite all the efforts this year it has increased and spread?
Yesterday I got a bit down and was questioning my body.
I don’t understand the why my body is anaemic and why my my platelets are so high making my blood sticky and therefore a risk of thrombosis?
I had a chat with a doctor from the care oncology clinic and they’re not too concerned as to the levels and said they are not that bad… Ok that’s good.
Regarding the anaemia though; I looked at when the levels started changing and it was around the time I stopped juicing. In my juices I always had a high level of vitamin C and green powders. This could be one reason why my blood is less oxygenated and also why I am losing iron. Or could it be the enemas? It’s time to start monitoring now I introduce these elements and changes into my life.
I am also intrigued as to why the tumour markers are dropping.. I mean this is great isn’t it? But what am I doing to make this happen? And if I get below the normal point does that mean that canSer will stop growing and spreading?
Sometimes having too much knowledge is a hindrance. It is for me anyway. Ignorance is bliss!
Today my face looks puffy again. I think so anyway. My appetite has changed and I feel full and fat. My weight however was the same as normal when I went to hospital on Tuesday. It’s so strange the effects of treatment and medication on my body.
Anyway happy Friday everyone and keep warm and stay safe in the crazy weather we are all having.