Our last day in Switzerland was spent in Geneva. It is so beautiful and classy with lots of expensive shops. Lucky we didn’t go there sooner and have more time! Pete’s credit card may have taken a hit.
We got to the airport with loads of time and I was happy as usual to be going home. My own bed was calling me!
Sunday was just wonderful. For the first time in ages we had a sunny warm day here and I relished putting my washing out the line. (Sad I know…) But it’s the small things that make me happiest.
I have put the GcMAF I was given in the freezer and await instructions of when and what to do with it in the future. It is now Tuesday and I suspect they have been pretty busy at the clinic in with new attendees and finishing off with those that stayed over the weekend. I hate waiting (if you didn’t know that already!) and am eager to know what to do next….
Yesterday I had to catch up with clients that desperately needed some TLC and mostly their eyebrows tamed. I had to start the day with my rituals and catch up on homework as I am lagging behind the health coaching course. It’s amazing how much one can get done in a day. Ten clients later and finishing at 7.15pm Pete and I did a short stint of yoga to wind down before our evening meal…
Before I went to Switzerland I visited Dr Hembry and had blood taken for blood tests to show what my circulating cancer cells are sensitive to with things such as chemotherapy, complementary treatments and medicines and so on. It takes a while but I have just had the results. Looking at them it is gobbledygook. I am currently sitting waiting to speak with Dr Hembry so she can decipher them. On the first look there are some surprising results. It lists chemotherapies and how sensitive in percent. The first thing that caught my eye is Eribulin, which is the chemo the docs want me to go on next is 85%. It’s one of the highest on there. Capecitabine which we know was quite successful for about a year was only 75%.
I will wait till I have spoken fully to the doc then give a proper summary. I hope also to find out what my next move should be if any.
On returning I had a pile of post and in it was an appointment for another ct scan for yesterday. I called and found out that they wanted to get a baseline before I started chemo, which was due to start today. I have postponed it until the end of April or thereabouts. I want to go down different avenues before I leap into systemic chemotherapy again. Well at least wait and find out about the blood test results and what my options are.
As we speak the phone is ringing and it is Dr Hembry… so tomorrow I will give a huge update as to what happens next for me. Dun Dun Derrrrrr….. Dramatic enough? Ha ha!